A65 Classic Chartplotter
The Raymarine a65, a 5.7″ SuperFast, SuperBright, easy to use TouchScreen MFD that’s Networkable, Video, Wi-Fi & Radar ready with Nav charts & internal GPS. Designed primarily to perform on boats below 30’ they are a rugged and perfect where space is at a premium. The touchscreen design and thin bezel gives your helm a clean, and integrated appearance.
The a‐Series is equipped with a super bright LED backlit display designed for sharp color and contrast in the brightest sunlight. Extremely versatile with simple and quick access to navigation applications like GPS, sonar, radar and more using Raymarine’s intuitive LightHouse user interface. Learning and operating a‐Series MFDs is fast and easy.
July 2012 – “Raymarine launches the new a‐Series line of multifunction navigation displays at the ICAST sport fishing trade show.”
Included are a 50 channel internal GPS and Navionics Silver cartography on microSD. You can choose the a65 MFD for GPS navigation and networking, and the a67 MFD with ClearPulse® digital sonar built‐in for the serious angler.
Add‐on options, include the RCU‐3 Bluetooth steering wheel remote. This simple 3 button RCU‐3 puts you in command of a‐Series without letting go of the wheel. The RCU‐3 can also be used as a handheld remote using the supplied lanyard. Each a‐Series features a fast Raynet Ethernet port for connecting up to 6 Raymarine MFDs, making a‐Series the perfect choice for a small boat network or part of a larger Raymarine system. The Raynet port also enables connection to Raymarine Digital, HD Color, and Super HD Color radar systems, giving the option for a compact and affordable high performance radar system.
Fisherman looking for higher sonar resolution and performance can network with Raymarine’s optional CP450C ClearPulse® CHIRP sonar module. You can further expand an a‐Series with Bluetooth MP3 control and Fusion audio control. Optional SIRIUSXM receiver enables both SIRIUS marine weather overlays and SIRIUSXM satellite radio audio control.
A‐Series displays also connect with NMEA2000 and Raymarine SeaTalking networks, giving you the ability to integrate AIS, autopilots and engine instrumentation. Taking advantage of engine fuel data, the new a‐Series offer a fuel manager, allowing fuel consumption monitoring and “time to empty” information along with an application providing a fuel range ring overlaid on the navigation chart, allowing you to visualise your maximum fuel range.
Raymarine aSeries Comparison
Raymarine a65 Review – “Fingers on Raymarine a65, and hello a68, a75, a77 & a78! – There’s been a small Raymarine a65 MFD installed at Gizmo’s lower helm since early last fall (as seen here) and I’ve used it a lot.” Read More…
Raymarine a65 Features Include:
- Swipe, Touch and Navigate – very simple.
- Powered by Raymarine’s intuitive LightHouse user interface
- Super Bright LED Technology – sunlight viewable
- 5.7” optically bonded display provides sharp color and contrast
- Super‐fast dual core processor plus a powerful graphics processor
- 50 channel internal GPS sensor
- Waypoints – 3000 / 100 waypoint groups
- Routes – 150 routes, each consisting of up to 50 waypoints
- Tracks – 15 tracks, each consisting of up to 10000 track points
- Charts Included – Available with Navionics Silver charts on a microSD card.
- Upgrade to 3D & aerial photo navigation with Navionics Platinum+ on microSD
- Also compatible with Navionics Gold charts
- Easy to use and learn with a simple start up wizard and onscreen user’s guide
- Power Save enables ultra-low power sleep mode with rapid awake
- Fast Raynet Ethernet (SeaTalkhs compatible) port for networking
- up to 6 Raymarine MFDs
- Network support for Raymarine Digital radar, HD Color, and SHD Color radar
- ClearPulse® CHIRP sonar module option
- SIRIUS Marine Weather and SIRIUSXM satellite radio controls
- “Video over IP” camera support
- Fuel monitoring with range, time‐to‐empty calculations
- Fuel range ring overlaid on navigation charts
- NMEA2000 certified with SeaTalking connectivity
- Fusion audio control
- Connect with your smartphone & control your MP3 music using Bluetooth
- Optional Wireless Control-
- The RCU‐3 wireless remote – simple 3 button MFD control using Bluetooth
- Wheel mount or lanyard (supplied) Waterproofing to IPX6 & IPX7
Raymarine a65 Specifications
Raymarine A65 Chartplotter
Featured in 2006, measuring 9.5″ wide, just under 7″ high, and about 3.5″ deep with a direct sunlight viewable display and rugged submersible construction makes the A65 the perfect choice for open cockpits and center consoles where space is at a premium.
The A65 is a compact but powerful navigation system, the Dual Function display is simple but with advanced chartplotting and HD Digital™ fishfinder technology.
It’s a dual function MFD and was packaged in 2 different ready-to navigate kits. You could choose your A65 as a chartplotter or as a dual function chartplotter/fishfinder.
A65 – Available NavKits
- Chartplotter /GPS – A65 Dual Function GPS-Chartplotter with Raystar 12 GPS sensor and Navionics Silver Cartography included.
- Chartplotter-Fishfinder System Pack – A65 Dual Function GPS-Chartplotter with Raystar 12 GPS sensor, DSM 25 Digital Sounder Module, P58 transom Mount Triducer and Navionics Silver Cartography included. The DSM 25 Digital sounder Module added 500watts of Raymarine HD Digital fishfinder capability to the A65 GPS-Chartplotter System.
* Both of these kits were package for the US Market
With a Bennett DVD, getting the most from your A65 could’nt be easier. Learn how to use & maximize your Raymarine A65. DVD training with interactive menus allow quick & easy chapter review. Skip to specific sequences & go to a specific location time and time again.
A65 key features include:
- 6.5″ Sunlight viewable color display
- Ready-to-go Navionics Silver Charts –
- US coastal areas, Great Lakes & Bahamas
- Chart redraws are fast
- WAAS GPS
- Raymarine HD Digital Fishfinder Technology
- Navionics XL3 Gold chart and Hot Maps compatible
- 1,000 waypoints and 50 routes
- Unlimited waypoint and route storage using optional
- CompactFlash memory cards
- Chart rotation modes (Head up, Course up and North Up)
- Chart screen offset for a maximum “look ahead” chart display
Marine-Electronic-Reviews – “We think the A65 is a top-flight machine that is ready for action on any boat.”
Raymarine A65 Classic Specifications
|Dimensions||(W x H x D) 9.61 x 6.81 x 2.40 in. (244 x 173 x 61mm), dash mounted11.0 x 7.83 x 3.11 in (280 x 199 x 79 mm), bracket mounted|
|Weight||2.25 lbs (1.02 kg), dash mounted3.09 lbs (1.40 kg), bracket mounted|
|Mounting||Bracket with flush mount option|
|Power||External 10.7 – 32 VDC required, 13.8 VDC nominal|
|Consumption||with full brightness: 9 W|
|Waterproofing||IPX-7; suitable for external mounting|
|Display||6.5 in Color TFT LCD 640 x 480 pixels (VGA)|
|DisplayWindows||Chart, Fishfinder and Data|
|Languages||UK English, US English, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Icelandic, Italian, Norwegian, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish|
|System Alarms||Alarm clock, Anchor, Arrival, Deep depth, MOB, Offtrack, Shallow depth, Temperature, Timer|
|Interfaces||RS12 GPS Antenna|
|DSM25 Sounder||NMEA0183, receive and transmit|
|Cartography||Navionics Silver coastal chart coverage for the continental United States on a single CompactFlash card – Chart of the world built in|
|Modes||Head up, Course up or North up (selectable True or Magnetic) Relative or True Motion|
Raymarine DSM 25 Sounder
|Dimensions||(W x H x D): 6.77 x 8.19 x 1.85 in (172 x 208 x 47 mm)|
|Weight||13.7 oz (0.388 kg)|
|Power||Supplied by A65|
|Output||Power Adjustable to 500 watts RMS|
|Frequency||Dual 50 kHz and 200 kHz|
|Pulse Length||100 µsec to 4 msec|
|Max. Trans-mit Rate||1580 pulses / min. @ 50’ range|
Raymarine RS 12 GPS Antenna
|RS 12 GPS|
|Dimensions||Diameter: 3.7 in (95 mm)|
|Height||1.2 in (30 mm); 2.4 in (62 mm) with pole mount kit|
|Weight||15.3 oz (0.435 kg)|
|Receiver type||SD-GPS, WAAS/EGNOS/MSAS ready, 12 parallel channels|
|Sensitivity||Tracking sensitivity: -152 dBmAcquisition sensitivity: -139dBm|
|Time to first fix||Hot start < 6 seconds (typical); Warm start < 40 seconds (typical), Cold start < 60 seconds (typical)|
|Position accuracy||2DRMS ~ 2 m 95%|
|Speed accuracy||0.1 kts RMS|
|Cable length||10 m (33 ft)|